On 1 January 2020, MROS introduced goAML, a new system for receiving and processing suspicious activity reports, which allows the submission of reports through an online portal.
What has changed with the new system and what advantages does it offer?
- Suspicious activity reports, their attachments and additional information are uploaded and submitted online.
- Documents that must be submitted upon request of MROS are no longer faxed or sent by post but instead transmitted via the online portal.
- The financial intermediaries have the following three options for entering suspicious transaction reports:
- Fully manually: Entry in the online form;
- Fully automated: Suspicious reports can be uploaded as an XML file;
- Semi-automated: Entry in the online form, with the involved transactions integrated into the report via XML file.
How to register for the new system?
In order to record suspicious reports in the new system, a prior registration is required. This registration can be completed via the registration page. An information sheet entitled "Step- by-step Guide to your goAML Registration" is available under the tab "Documents".
Is it possible to test the new system?
The below tab “Links” provides a test version of the new system.
You will also find a detailed user manual under the tab "Documents", which will facilitate the introduction into goAML.
We kindly point out to refrain from entering any real custom data in the test version.
Is there a transitional period for the electronic transmission of transactions via goAML?
The portal to submit suspicious activity reports has been operational since 1 January 2020. Financial intermediaries have since been submitting their reports via the goAML portal.
The already valid transitional period (previously until 30 June 2020) will be extended to 31 March 2021.
During this period, financial intermediaries must submit their reports via the new system by using one of the following modalities: Manually filing the reports in goAML in its entirety, using the XML upload functionality or putting in place the following procedure:
- Manually filing all information required in the online platform.
- If a report contains several transactions, entering at least one of them manually in goAML in its entirety.
- Attaching the remaining suspicious transactions, that must also be transmitted to MROS, in the form of an Excel spreadsheet to the goAML web report. The Excel template to be used is available on this website under the tab "Documents". Other formats, such as pdf, are not accepted as a means for submitting transactions.
- Submitting additional non-transactional attachments for example by using pdf documents.
For further information, please refer to the documents and links below.
- Adjustments in goAML reporting (PDF, 115 kB, 21.07.2020)
- goAML Web - Manual (PDF, 2 MB, 22.06.2020)
- Standard XML Reporting - Instructions and Specifications for goAML (PDF, 1 MB, 22.06.2020)
- MROS_goAML-Schema (XSD, 113 kB, 22.06.2020)
- goAML_Transactions_Upload_Schema (XSD, 69 kB, 22.06.2020)
- goAML_Transactions_Upload_Specification (PDF, 1 MB, 22.06.2020)
- Template for transactions (XLS, 130 kB, 22.06.2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF, 230 kB, 22.10.2020)
Last modification 22.10.2020