Information on the introduction of a new data processing system at MROS
The Money Laundering Reporting Office Switzerland MROS is introducing a new system for submitting and processing suspicious activity reports. The new system will allow reporting through an online platform.
What will change with the new system and what are its advantages?
- In the future, suspicious activity reports, their attachments and additional information will be uploaded and submitted online only.
- Documents that must be submitted to MROS upon request may no longer be sent by fax or post but submitted via online platform.
- Large volumes of data can be uploaded via an XML interface.
When will the new system be introduced?
To optimize the various possibilities offered by the system, MROS has postponed the changeover to the new data processing system to 1 July 2019. MROS does not intend to operate the old and new system in parallel.
Is it possible to test the new system ahead of its introduction?
Starting 16th July 2018, a test version of the new data processing system will be available under the link displayed below.
In order to facilitate the introduction into the new system, you will also find a user manual under the below tab «Documents».
We kindly point out to refrain from entering any real customer data.
Will there be a transitional period for the electronic transmission of transactions via the new data processing system?
The portal to submit suspicious activity reports will be operational from 1 July 2019. Financial intermediaries will have to submit reports exclusively via the new portal. Nevertheless, a transitional period from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 will be in place.
During this period financial intermediaries must submit their reports with the new system by using one of the following modalities: Manually filing the reports in goAML in its entirety, using the XML interface or putting in place the following procedure:
- Manually filing all information required in the goAML starting web report screen.
- If a report contains several transactions, entering at least one of them manually in the system in its entirety.
- Attaching the remaining suspicious transactions, that must also be transmitted to MROS, in the form of an Excel spreadsheet to the goAML web report. The Excel template to be used is available on this website under the below tab «Documents». Other formats, such as pdf, will not be accepted as a means of submitting transactions.
- Submitting additional non-transactional attachments for example by using pdf documents.
For further information, please refer to the documents and links below.
- goAML Web - Manual (PDF, 2.54 MB)
- Standard XML Reporting - Instructions and Specifications for goAML (PDF, 1.46 MB)
- MROS_goAML-Schema (XSD, 104.07 KB)
- Template for transactions (XLSX, 122.90 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF, 240.75 KB)
to the top Last modification 25.09.2018