Cybercrime Coordination Unit Switzerland (CYCO)
The Cybercrime Coordination Unit Switzerland (CYCO) is Switzerland’s central office for reporting illegal subject matter on the Internet. After conducting an initial analysis of the incoming report and securing the relevant data, CYCO forwards the case to the appropriate law enforcement agencies in Switzerland and/or abroad. The Cybercrime Unit also actively searches the Internet for illegal subject matter and carries out in-depth analyses of Internet crime.
The following subject matter is illegal (the list is not exhaustive):
- Hardcore pornography (sexual acts with children, animals, human excrement or acts of violence
- Legal pornography that can be viewed by minors if neither child protection measures nor an age limit are in place
- Depictions of violence
- Subject matter involving racism or extremism
- Threats or libel
- Cases of fraud or economic crime
- Unauthorised access to a data processing system, spreading of computer viruses and the destruction of computer data
The Cybercrime Unit is available to the public, the authorities and Internet service providers to answer questions on legal, criminal and technical aspects of Internet crime. It is also contact point for its foreign counterparts.