Federal Office of Justice

Cases involving Contracting States


If both the creditor and the debtor are resident in a contracting state (under the New York Convention, the debtor must be subject to the jurisdiction of a contracting state), an application may be made for the recovery of maintenance.

Creditors resident in Switzerland should contact the relevant cantonal agency:
Creditors resident abroad (in a contracting state) should contact the central authority in their country:
Applications or any other related correspondence must be submitted via the channels provided, i.e. via the relevant authorities. Creditors and debtors are requested not to make direct contact with our central authority.