Many people who immigrated to Switzerland wish to return to their native country after some years and in particular once they have retired.
The return to one's native country is however not always a free choice. Asylum applicants whose application is rejected have to leave Switzerland after the asylum procedure is completed. In this case they may ask for return assistance. Also certain groups of persons in the foreign nationals field have access to return assistance. The FOM supports the Cantons in issuing travel documents and in organising the return to the native country.
- Jahresbericht 2008 Ausreiseorganisation swissREPAT (139 Kb, pdf)
- Rapport annuel 2008 Organisation des départs swissREPAT (119 Kb, pdf)(This document is not available in English)
- E.U. migrants return to their native countries
- Häufig gestellte Fragen (FAQ) zu den Dokumentarfilmen «Vol spécial» und «Le Monde est comme ça» von Fernand Melgar (50 Kb, pdf)(This document is not available in English)
- Brochure Social insurancesPractical guide for those planning to leave Switzerland permanently