FAQ – Frequently asked questions
- Entry to the Schengen Area / Visa Procedure (38 Kb, pdf)
2. Special information on Schengen
3. Border-crossing / Travel documents
4. For hosts in Switzerland
5. Travelling in the Schengen area with a Swiss residence permit
6. Questions on granted or refused visas
7. Long-term residency in Switzerland (more than 90 days) / Employment in Switzerland
8. Other questions
People seeking information about SIS data should contact the following federal office:
Federal Office of Police (fedpol)
Data Protection Officer
Please note that only people directly concerned by an entry in the Schengen Information System (SIS) may file a request for information. This right does not apply to public or other authorities.
Requests for information, deletion, or rectification of personal data stored in the SIS may be submitted in writing either in German, French, Italian, or English and be accompanied by a high-quality photocopy of an official identification document.
Official documents are:
- Identity card
Further information see Information SIS.
People seeking information about the reason they are subject to an entry ban are asked to contact the following federal office:
Federal Office for Migration
Admission and Residence Division
Tel: +41 (0)31 325 11 11
Fax: +41 (0)31 325 93 79