FAQ – Frequently asked questions


Please note that the general visa and entry procedure is described in detail in our information sheet:

1. General information on entry and visa procedures


2. Special information on Schengen


3. Border-crossing / Travel documents


4. For hosts in Switzerland


5. Travelling in the Schengen area with a Swiss residence permit


6. Questions on granted or refused visas


7. Long-term residency in Switzerland (more than 90 days) / Employment in Switzerland

I would like a residence permit for Switzerland for more than 90 days

Due to a division of jurisdiction between the cantons and Confederation, cantonal migration authorities are responsible for issuing residence permits. Therefore, please address your inquiry directly to the migration authority responsible for your canton of residence. You will find a list of our cantonal migration partners in the following link (list available in German only):
Cantonal immigration and labour market authorities Cantonal immigration and labour market authorities

You can also find more information regarding residence permits in Switzerland here:
Residence Residence



8. Other questions