FAQ – Frequently asked questions
2. Special information on Schengen
3. Border-crossing / Travel documents
4. For hosts in Switzerland
5. Travelling in the Schengen area with a Swiss residence permit
6. Questions on granted or refused visas
7. Long-term residency in Switzerland (more than 3 months) / Employment in Switzerland
8. Other questions
I am a Romanian or Bulgarian national and would like to travel to Switzerland as a tourist on my valid identity card and stay in the country for less than 90 days during a period of six months. Do I require a visa?
No, you do not require a visa. You may enter Switzerland with a valid passport or identity card.