FAQ – Frequently asked questions
- Entry to the Schengen Area / Visa Procedure (38 Kb, pdf)
2. Special information on Schengen
3. Border-crossing / Travel documents
4. For hosts in Switzerland
5. Travelling in the Schengen area with a Swiss residence permit
6. Questions on granted or refused visas
7. Long-term residency in Switzerland (more than 90 days) / Employment in Switzerland
8. Other questions
If you enter Switzerland and do not require a visa, you may be questioned by border guards about the purpose of your visit and your financial means. You may be turned away at the border if you do not have sufficient financial means and cannot provide any information on where you will be staying in Switzerland and the purpose of your visit. One of the conditions of staying in Switzerland is that you have sufficient financial means for the duration of your stay (about 100 CHF per day).
Therefore it can be useful if a personal invitation from the host can be presented or if the entering person is collected by the host personally from the airport. This is not imperative, however.